Sunday, February 19, 2012

Finding the Perfect Match

Tattcafe.com is now offering the ability to meet other people who share an alternative lifestyle. Tattoos are known to be more taboo to most clean cut people but are seen as more artistic and creative. The unique feature to Tattcafe is the ability not for only people to meet up and be interested in dating, but to allow them to attend tattoo conventions and other artistic conventions. Will this new website create even more specific dating websites? Well, indeed there are plenty of other websites that allow for people who have specific tastes. Purrsonals.com is a site "where cat lovers meet and greet" or "Why toke alone" at 420dating.com. STDmatch.com allows people who have the unfortunate circumstances of living with a STD can connect online. Alternative lifestyles were certainly not encouraged in before the internet as people tended to be shunned for being different. But now with the internet, people are now able to match up with others who may feel strongly about a similar idea or belief . Would you use any of these websites for your personal use? Or do you feel that online dating is getting too watered down?



Online Sources

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9209624.htm
http://theweek.com/article/index/207761/11-dating-sites-for-weirdly-specific-tastes

10 comments:

  1. Personally I would not use any of these websites, but I think that some of my friends would benefit from these sites. I think that these sites help people connect on a better level since you already have a common bond.

    I am probably going to suggest "Tattcafe" to a friend of mine. He is constantly searching for a girl with exquisite tattoos and I don't think he has ever thought about searching for his dream girl online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that these websites are a good way to meet people who have similar interests. It would be easier to look for someone without having to sift through many profiles looking for someone who is the right match. I would not use Internet dating myself, but I know people who have used it successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Specialized dating sites are a great idea... for those who are super picky or cannot socialize out in the real world. On those sites you are narrowing the field down but how can you know for sure that someone with those specifics is the person for you? I think its fun to meet people you would not necessarily say is your "perfect match" because people can be surprising. Just because the person does not have tattoos does not mean they cannot have an interest in them or have other similarities to you that could make a relationship with that person great...Why not have fun doing your hobbies and going to the places you enjoy and meeting the people in your area who are also doing the same thing? I think people should have the confidence to chat up a wide variety of people at these social settings and have fun with it instead of being so serious and picky. Plus, I believe real chemistry can only be realized when you are face to face with a person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Michelle. Actually, one of the best type of relationships is one where the two of you are almost completely opposite from each other. Why? Because it allows the two of you to learn and try new things with one another. If you have exactly EVERYTHING in common, then it could get boring. You couldn't learn as much about your partner because you already know what they're like and what they like to do. Again, this is not THE best type of relationship, but it is very interesting.

    Also, what kind of upsets me is that there is a dating site for married individuals looking to have an affair. I believe the site's motto is "Life's short. Have an affair." Ridiculous right? Well this company is doing very well in contributing and taking advantage of the high divorce rate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally would like to say that I would not use any of these sites. However, if I'm in my thirties and still not married, I may be more tempted by the idea of online dating. My boyfriend's parents met through something similar to online dating and they have been married for almost twenty-five years. I do not think there is anything wrong with it as long as they go through a dating source that can be trusted.

    And I think that it is great to meet people that share similar interests but I actually have to agree with Michelle as well. I think my boyfriend and I are exact opposites but we work well for eachother. I balance out his weaknesses and he balances out mine; together we make a good team.

    Brandon, I agree about the affair website, it makes me sick. So sad what the world has come to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone has their own way of finding love, but I personally wouldn't use ANY online dating sites. It's cool that they have these kind of sites available for people who are interested in finding a significant other. I have a friend who met her boyfriend through Facebook. LOL..Should Facebook be listed as an online dating site??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend who's dad met his current wife on a dating website. Now she is depending on the internet to find a match for herself. She is constantly going out with with men who she met online. It scares me though because how can you really know a person if you only speak to them on the internet, where you can lie about yourself. She met a guy who lives in Texas and it ended super bad, he had lied to her about everything. Whereas her dad had success with his wife. As a girl it scares me because you could get yourself into a very sticky situation. I could never see myself dating someone I met on the internet. How is there any safety in that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually have an acquaintance who met his fiance on an online dating website. I'm not sure if I would ever want to do that myself, but I understand why he did it. He is a very busy guy who doesn't have a lot of time to go "searching" for his future girlfriend, or potentially wife, outside the office or school. He used a popular online dating service who matched him with a nice girl and they will be getting married in less than a year now. It cut out a lot of "the hunt" for sure, but if those two people prefer that and can't find someone with whom they can share their affections, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article was very interesting. I never thought to think that there were so many dating websites out there. I was taken aback at the STDMatch.com one because I didn't expect that. I guess the saying is true when they say "there's someone for everyone". I'm glad that there is hope for everyone in this world no matter what their circumstances are. I personally wouldn't use any of these websites because that isn't a way I would want to meet my soul mate. I think that SOME of these websites will get watered down just because websites such as facebook are the alternatives to it. Not to mention that facebook is free, whereas many of these websites are not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes this kind of websites are good for the people who would like to find the people who have the similar interests with themselves for dating. The dating websites may help people to know the others' personalities, interests, advantages, and so on very quickly by the people's portfolios. However, the portfolios on the dating websites may contain a lot of false informations. So, personally, I think finding the others' personalities and advantages by yourself is the most safe way to find your soul mate.

    ReplyDelete