Online Dating websites do not automatically guarantee that you will find your lover immediately. One of the key components to finding matches is a logical and understandable profile. For men, there is vital information to have and also important information to leave out. According to Carlos Xuma, a dating expert, men should fill up their profile with information that will leave the woman intrigued and wanting to know more.
Alpha male characteristics are important to having a successful profile. Xuma suggests using traits such as decisive and self-confident. Xuma is quoted saying "A man can be honest and have integrity but in his dating profile, he should place the heaviest emphasis on his other qualities."
Does Xuma's statements make sense or should you try to be yourself?
Sources
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/03/20/prweb9279449.DTL
While I have never tried an online dating service I believe in any dating/social relationship you should be yourself. I do not understand why people do not be themselves, its sad the way society is becoming. I believe if those going on dates or making these profiles will be themselves it will save them lots of heartache.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI feel that the "dating expert", Xuma, is somewhat correct. Every woman's preferences are different, but I do agree that women are attracted to confidence. In the online dating world, I feel that your profile should be accurate and closely related to how you really are as a person. I feel that Xuma is correct in that mystery and the desire to know more about a person is definitely a quality interest. People, especially in relationships, always want what they can't have and always want to keep guessing. However, if you lack confidence in real life, it should show on your profile. No one wants a liar or date that is centered around someone trying to be somebody that they are not. The internet will allow you to be anybody you want, so it is dangerous to believe a profile about someone you don't even know.
ReplyDeleteThis is interesting talking about the alpha male profile like we are animals. But all in all pretty interesting.
ReplyDeleteI think online dating is wierd. I think the best way to meet someone is by person. I think looking for someone online might lead to false identity and maybe someone who is lying about there personality. The safest way is meeting someone in persan becouse you get that one to one mentality. I think dating someone that you met in person is more realistic than meeting someone on the web.
ReplyDeleteThere are many people in the world to busy to go out and search for that "special someone", and many people also to shy to attempt to get a date with someone they do meet. Online dating could lead to people being fake, and it's true, you really wouldn't know who you are talking to until you met them. Someone with a great writing style online and some pics of someone else could end up the "Alpha Male" on a website, when in reality they are far from that. I say keep it true to who you are, then if got a date it might be worth something. But, I've never attempted online dating sites to try to find someone so I'm not an expert by any means.
ReplyDeleteI think that this could be a good thing, if applied correctly. What the men write should not be fake, but I agree that maybe they should leave intriguing mysteries. Think about when you are on Facebook. When girls see a guy being a "Facebook Whore", girls delete them. So if men were to be witty and decisive, I think women would engage in their profile more, and even spark up a conversation.
ReplyDeleteI saw a statistic the other day on TV that 1 in 5 relationships start from an online dating website. I think it was from a match.com commercial, but it's probably somewhat credible. Well, we tend to do everything else in our lives online, so it just seems logical to do this also. It was just a matter of time.
ReplyDeleteI would not take the chance of investing all the time and energy getting to know someone online and then to never hear from them again, even if the profile is not fake. I like to interact with people, seems it's kind of old fashioned these days, but hanging with friends at a bar or restaurant seems like a good way to meet people.
If you just Google online dating, a plethora of sites and information comes up about this. It seems that more and more people are taking their chances with E-dating.
I believe that it is important to be honest and have integrity, however, those are characteristics that are most likely commonly used on profiles. The expert probably did not necessarily mean that men have to portray themselves as someone that they're not, but they should describe themselves in a way that distinguishes them from the rest. There are thousands of men on online dating sites and it would probably help to find a way to not just blend in with the rest.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree that in the world of online dating, it is extremely important to distinguish yourself on your profile so you can stand out. There are thousands of people on dating websites so if you don't stand out, it's extremely easy to get passed over. Regardless of what people may write about themselves though, it is extremely important to proceed with caution when dating online as people don't always come off the same way they do in person as they do in their profile, whether they are being truthful about themselves in their descriptions or not.
ReplyDelete